Tongkat ali also know as long jack is a very popular plant among men because of its health benefits, especially to increase sex drive and vitality in men. In Indonesia, this plant or Eurycoma longifolia, grow in Kalimantan and has been used by the Dayak community as a plant that has a variety of health benefits.
Tongkat ali extracts is used as a natural testosterone booster for men. it also contains compounds which are highly efficacious to add vitality and have aphrodisiac properties.
According to some studies, tongkat ali contains derivatives of alkaloids, saponins, tannins, and other substances that can improve blood circulation, especially at the male genitalia area. There are still many health benefits of it, one of them is to treat malaria.
The root contains a compound called eurycomanone were allegedly able to treat malaria. It also contains quassinoid which is very effective in killing Plasmodium falciparum the protozoan parasite that causes malaria.
Moreover, Tongkat ali is also used to prevent cancer. The Alkoloid and kuasinoid compounds could inhibit the growth of cancer cells. There are studies in Malaysia, which states that there are at least eight alkaloids found in the roots, one of them is an alkaloid which can be used to cure breast cancer.
Meanwhile, according to other studies, which were carried out by the University of Tokyo Japan, it also have efficacy to cure leukemia and boost immunity for people with HIV.
Tongkat ali contains four important compounds for health such as:
- Canthin to inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
- Derivatives of eurycomanone to fight malaria.
- Quassinoid to cure leukemia and very prospective for people with HIV disease.
Basically, this plant has efficacy in almost all parts.
- Young leaves could be utilized to treat stomach aches.
- Skin of its root is very effective for treating fever, healing gum or worm infestation and postpartum tonic.
- The bark is widely used for stop postpartum bleeding, and it could also be used to treat rheumatic.
- The flowers and fruit could be used to treat dysentery.
Regardless of various health benefits, it is useless if we do not know how to process it. But don’t worry! Here are a few tips on how to get its maximum health benefits:
How to process the Roots of Tongkat ali:
- Boil the roots with 200ml of water until 150ml water left. Then drink the water decoction of the roots once a day. Remember to do not consume too much because over consumption is not good for our bodies.
- Soak the roots in hot water for 1 hour or 1 and a half hours and drink the water once-daily.
- Make the roots of into a powder which can make us easier to mix it with a cup of coffee. By consuming coffee with root powder will hopefully increase our stamina, increase testosterone level and overall health.