If you have a trauma on the skin, you probably will get scar, it is a normal process for your skin to heal, as the result of over or under production of collagen during healing process. As you know the healing process can take up to two years for fully recover of the skin tissue layers. Scar has no health risk but it can be very annoying. While it is hard to get rid of scar, we can still reduce visibility of scars with several methods such as surgical, cosmetic and natural ingredients. But the best way to get rid of scar is to prevent it from happened at the first time.
How Scars Form
Our body has its own self defense, scar is the result of this mechanism, when your skin get wounded, scarring process will begin as your skin heal the wound. To give you more information here are some of the causes of scar which include: acne, illness (such as chicken pox), surgery, burns, injury.
How to prevent scarring?
Here are some tips you can follow to prevent scarring from wounded skin:
- Clean the wound with gentle cleanser and mild cloth
- Cover the wound will help to prevent bacteria and you can also use an antibiotic ointment as additional prevention for infection and it will make your wound heal faster, hopefully without any scar.
- Scars have a tendency to grow in locations with constant tension or pulling, such as the chest, shoulders and back. For a additional precaution, you really should stay away from doing exercises your upper body while your injury mends
How to Remove Scar?
Sometimes, even you have taken care of your wound properly. Scar still can grow on your skin because some people are genetically susceptible to scarring. So, if you are one of them, you need to be more careful to treat your wound.
If you already have scars, here are several methods you can consider using to reduce the visibility of the scar:
- OTC and Prescription Ointments and Gels to reduce visibility of scars such as light scars and superficial wounds
- Steroid Injections to treat raised scars such as keloid and hypertrophic which may reduce the visibility of scarring.
- Surgery such as dermabrasion, skin grafts, excision and laser surgery. the methods will depend on what kind of scar you have.
- Other treatments, such as collagen fillers may reduce scarring but the results is temporary.
How to reduce visibility of scars naturally?
Natural way to remove scar is safer and in many cases natural ingredients may reduce the visibility of scars effectively. But one thing you should know that you need to be patient because natural way always need more time that all the methods I explain before.
- Aloe Vera Gel is very good to heal damage skin and you can use it twice daily.
- Honey is a natural antibiotic, will help your wound heal faster and work best in you apply it daily
- Onion Extract is another natural scar remover, just swab it to your scar several times every day.
- Lemon Juice is best to remove dead skin cells and also great scar remover.