Features & Specification:
- – Each dumbbell adjusts from 5 to 52.5 pounds; adjusts in 2.5-pound increments up to the first 25 pounds
- – Allows you to quickly change from one exercise to the next
- – Combines 15 sets of weights into one, using a unique dial system
- – Eliminates the requirement for multiple dumbbells cluttering your workout space
- – Two year warranty on weight plates and parts
- – Change the dumbbell’s weight with just the turn of a dial
- – Exercises Available: 30+
- – Weight Settings: 15
- – Weight Settings in pounds: 5, 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15, 17.5, 20, 22.5, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, and 52.5 pounds
- – Dumbbell Dimensions (Each): 15.75 inches long by 8 inches wide by 9 inches tall
- – Weight (Each): 52.5 pounds / 23.8 kg
Benefit and Bonus
In order to get a good strength exercise session in your own home, but don’t have a lot of space, the Bowflex 552 SelectTech Dumbbells are a perfect option. Newly designed, the innovative pair of 552 SelectTech Dumbbells combines 15 sets of weights into one with a unique dial system. It’s probably the most space-efficient and adaptable strength-training options out there featuring a special and effective design. With only the turn of a dial, you are able to instantly change your resistance on each dumbbell from 5 pounds all the way up to 52.5 pounds of weight. It adjusts in 2.5-pound increments (up to 25 pounds), making it possible to progressively increase your strength without bulking up.
Special Bonus FREE Bowflex® SelectTech® workout DVD – “Secrets of the 4 Step Rep” – with each and every purchase. Get the most from your workout – work smarter, not harder. Over 30 exercises with more than 80 variations.
– Excellent solution for P90X or those who don’t want a house stuffed with dumbbells
After a great deal of thing to consider, I ended up buying these dumbbells to implement with P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program – 13 DVDs, Nutrition Guide, Exercise Planner. The program calls for many different dumbbells, and I was tired of leaving 8 different weights lying around on the ground of my den. After using these for roughly three months, I am very happy with them, and with some exclusions, they work perfect for P90X.
– BEST DUMBELLS EVER!!!!
I was torn between these and the PowerBlock dumbells I kept reading about. I had a chance to check out the 2008 and prior model Bowflex Select Tech’s at Dicks Sporting Goods, and I remember thinking about how easy it was to spin the dials to adjust the weights.
My only issue and doubt was that a few reveiws mentioned the possibility of the weights rattling and people were worried they might fall off? I never heard this before, so I researched it more and although the PowerBlock dumbells had gotten good reviews, I simply couldn’t get past how ugly they were, and the fact that they used a magnetic pin to hold the weights in.
I made a decision to invest the few extra dollars on these 2009 model Select Techs (assuming any prior issues they may have had were corrected) and boy am I glad I did, they are AWESOME!