Back pain is a common condition that can interfere with daily activities. Symptoms can include pain that comes and goes. The joints are stiff or difficult to move. Back pain can be triggered by wrong posture when sitting, standing, bending or lifting a heavy weight.
Generally, back pain will disappear within 2-12 weeks. This condition is usually not caused by serious matter and can be healed only by actively move and taking painkillers. However, in some cases, back pain can be extremely excruciating and hamper daily activities.
Recognize Different Types of Low Back Pain
- Neck pain, which is pain and stiffness in the neck
- Sciatica, which is pain due to irritation and pressure on the sciatic nerve that runs from the lower back to the feet
- Whiplash, the injury to the neck due to a sudden movement
- Ankylosing spondylitis, a chronic inflammation that affects the spine and joints and related muscles
- Shoulder pain, this condition is often a symptom of another disease.
- Frozen shoulder, a condition that makes the shoulders cannot move freely
- Slipped disc, the displaced vertebral disc that causes continuous pain, tingling and even numbness
How to Deal With Back Pain
There are various back pain treatment to relieve your pain.
- Staying active, it is believed that the inactive body is bad for the back. When you have back pain, it is important to stay active as much as possible and move as usual. Walk or perform daily activities it will help restore your pain.
- Sedative, If your pain does not subside and feels unbearable, you can take painkiller medication such as paracetamol or ibuprofen.
- Positive thinking, Research shows that the recovery would be faster in people who keep thinking positive than those who experience stress.
- Manual therapy, Hot or cold compresses can help relieve pain. Attach the patch or apply ointment on the affected area. You could also attach a bag of ice to the painful area, and then replace it with a warm towel or a warm bath.
Other forms of back pain treatment that can be done in a clinic or hospital:
- Physiotherapy: therapy to improve motor function due to disturbance in the motion of the body frame.
- Chiropractic therapy: scientific methods to diagnose, deal with, and prevent disorders of the musculoskeletal system (muscles and skeleton).
- Osteopathy therapy: detection, handling, and prevent health problems with movement, stretching, and massage the muscles and joints.
All these therapies can be used for back pain that has occurred more than 6 weeks and is considered chronic. Back pain treatment may include a combination of painkillers and one of the manual therapy, acupuncture, and physical exercise classes.